- About Us
Dekel is an innovative real estate developer with a unique community-building approach, based in Panama and with presence in Colombia. Through its own methodology, the Company identifies overlooked neighborhoods, establishes a stronghold through the acquisition of a critical mass of strategic real estate assets and then transforms the neighborhoods into vibrating and high-value communities, generar value faster than traditional real estate developers.
Regional Presence: Panama and Colombia
Closing Date: August 2019
Fund: MAS Equity Fund III
• Differentiated business model in its community building philosophy and focus, in which it develops unique, aesthetically attractive and content-filled neighborhoods that provide high quality living standards.
• Track record and expertise on creating trendy communities that appeal to growing demographics seeking to invest in experiences and live in a place that provides strong emotional ties.
• Disciplined growth approach based on deep research and a neighborhood development playbook with valuable and hard-to-replicate lessons learned.
• Growth platform with two proof-of-concept communities in Panama (Casco Viejo and Pedasi) ready to expand and replicate its model in new international locations.
• Visionary entrepreneurs with discipline, ethics and a proven track-record of successful implementation of innovative concepts with Selina (a successful innovative hostel chain) and a strong backing from internationally renowned real estate investors.
• Implementation of best governance practices.
• Creation of financial and business plan committees.
• Enhancement and rationalization of senior management structure.
• Development of key performance metrics and monitoring standards to enable agile and informed decision making.
• Review of corporate structure and execution of internal restructuring to reduce inefficiencies and minimize administrative red tape.
• Preparation, evaluation and execution of the business plan.
• Evaluation and execution of core corporate initiatives and new projects.
• Consolidation of existing proof-of-concept communities to be replicated internationally.